Do you want to translate apps, software or websites using Gettext from English into German?
Then you should check out Poedit, a simple yet effective and easy to use translation editor that helps you localizing .po files. Since it was specifically developed for working with Gettext, it is perfect for a variety of localization projects, including WordPress and PHP based sites.
On the developer’s website, there is a free, basic version of Poedit available as well as a PRO version that can be purchased for $19.99. To find out which version is the right one for your specific needs, let’s take a look at their respective features:
Features Poedit Free version:
- Clean, simple and very easy to use interface
- Safety check and warnings if strings in the source code are accidentally altered or deleted during translation
- Inbuilt translation memory with auto fill-in function to speed up the translation process
Additional features Poedit PRO version:
- Personal support by the developer in case you encounter any problems using Poedit
- Online suggestions from databases containing millions of entries
- WordPress themes and plugins localization support